The Story of Jeon Woo-chi – Darakwon
About This Book
머리말 Preface 2
일러두기 How to Use This Book 4
작품 소개 Introduction to the Story 6
등장인물 Characters 10
1 지혜로운 전우치 Jeon Woo-chi the Wise 11
2 병 속의 전우치 Jeon Woo-chi in the Bottle 17
3 거울 속의 전우치 Jeon Woo-chi in the Mirror 23
4 전우치, 자신을 무시하는 사람들을 혼내 주다
Jeon Woo-chi Teaches a Lesson to People who Look Down on Him 26
5 전우치가 준 신비한 그림 A Remarkable Picture Jeon Woo-chi Gives Away 30
6 전우치, 산적들의 두목과 싸워서 이기다
Jeon Woo-chi Fights Leader of the Bandits, and Wins 36
7 전우치, 누명을 쓰다 Jeon Woo-chi Is Framed 43
8 전우치, 특별한 경험을 하다 Jeon Woo-chi Has a Special Experience 49
9 전우치, 서화담을 만나다 Jeon Woo-chi Meets Seo Hwa-dam 54
내용 이해하기 Reading Comprehension 62
모범 답안 Answers 82
본문 번역 Text Translations 84
The “Darakwon Korean Readers” series is comprised of books that recompose classic Korean literary works to match the reading levels of students from beginner to advanced levels (A1~C2) so students can easily increase their Korean reading comprehension skills in a fun way.
The seventh literary work in this series, “The Story of Jeon Woo-chi,” adapts a classic Korean novel about Jeon Woo-chi, who uses mysterious magic to help people in trouble and punish wicked members of the ruling class. As students enjoy reading this delightful and witty story about the magic that Jeon Woo-chi performs, they can naturally become familiar with vocabulary words and expressions that are essential at the intermediate level.
In addition, through explanations about the historical background, students can understand the culture of that time period. Not only can students read the content, they can also listen to it by scanning QR codes to hear recordings of professional voice actors reading the story. Students can also use the English translations of the story and questions in the appendix at the end of the book to check their reading comprehension skills.
▪ The “Darakwon Korean Readers” series adapts classic Korean tales into modern Korean suitable for beginner to advanced levels. Each book presents vocabulary words and expressions that align with the standards of the International Standard Curriculum for Korean Language and Korean Language Education Vocabulary Content Development. Students can have fun as they easily read and understand each story.
▪ English translations of vocabulary words that are necessary for understanding the story are presented at the bottom of each page, as well as additional English explanations about grammar, expressions, and cultural background, allowing students to concentrate on reading without using a dictionary. In addition, students can easily check an English translation of the entire story in the appendix of the book.
▪ Students can listen to lively recordings done by professional voice actors by scanning the QR code on each page of the story. By looking at illustrations of the story’s main scenes and listening to the voice recordings, students can not only improve their listening skills, they can also vividly understand the emotions of the characters.
▪ Using a variety of questions in the book’s appendix, students can check their reading comprehension and practice sentence structures and vocabulary words that they should know for each corresponding level. In addition, students can compare various cultural situations with Korean culture through thought expansion questions based on the content of the story.
- Publication Year
- Kim Yu Mi, Yoon Kyeong Won